Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Living in hope

At the moment I am feeling very relaxed and happy. This is due to four things

(1) Work is very quiet (so, less frantic rushing around acheiving nothing)
(2) I have managed very tentatively, and with some pain, to run again and as a result of this, and some dieting I have lost 8lbs
(3) I have joined a choir
(4) I am living in hope with respect to school dad

You've heard the old cliche it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Well, in my current untrusting place I also feel it is better to live in hope of a happy relationship emerging than to rush into things and have those hopes dashed. So it is almost like the crushes I would have at school, admiring a guy from afar for a term or more, having happy fantasies about it, but never actually acting on them and somehow getting succour from this. Thoughts of running away to be near my family have moved on to the backburner for the time being, and I am relishing the here and now with some positivity.

No comments: