But like sleeping beauty's fairy godmother, I can soften it a little....
You won't die of marriage, you will just go to sleep for 20 years....
Before I fell asleep this is what I heard
- There is no his and hers in marriage
- There are no roles to play
- Each person is perfectly and completely respected in the role they choose
- That you don't know the person when you commit, is the most beautiful aspect of all, ie that you trust and grow together
- There will be hard times and you may have to work at it, but never will those hard times eat at you from the inside out, consume your soul, or leave you as a shell: When marriage is working it is not that hard
- You will both make mistakes, but you will never disrespect one another or lose trust and faith in your partner